Sunday, January 27, 2008

The adventure of Running

Today I had the pleasure of running today in SPAIN with my friends camille and kristen. Some people would defn not call it a pleasure, but the feeling after running is pleasurable to me. However, I defn need to get back into shape, so why not while i'm in a different country?

Guys in Spain are acostumed to telling spanish women that they are pretty and usually the women pass them and give them dirty looks, and then later feel great that the guy called them pretty. So we were running past this nasty bum whose bottle was defn not full (I think he was barracho/drunk) and he was like ni-bonita-ni-ni-princesa-ni-ni-ni. Let's just say we picked up our pace and did not feel quite so beautiful:)

After running we went walking in a park called Parque de los Principios. We went on a bridge and there was one guy and two girls, and the guy was like hellll----lllllo, (pause) helll-lllllo. We answered him in spanish with a hola and one of the girls was like "son espanoles" (the are spanish) LOL! I find it very entertaining when people can't tell if we are american or from spain. I think people here think that americans can't speak spanish...I hope to prove them wrong:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Estas mi bonita princessina? Is that right? eres? I dunno but that's a really funny story. I like to do that in s.c. only after I say hola then I can't understand them after that. haha. I miss you Steph!

Rachel said...

haha you are a beautiful princess but watch out for those scary people!!! Ya... I need a ROOMMATE???? wanna be mine???? maybe we can live in the house i am living in still and have a couple others live with us??? Well i hope you are having a good week.. and stay away from those creepy people!!1