Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Dos Cosas en Un Viaje (2 things in one trip)

I love to travel, however, the trip here was the longest trip of my life. WAY longer than 12 hour drives to MI, perphaps due to the 3 different plane rides, one being 8 hours, and arriving with a seven hour time difference. I was exhausted, however I kept thinking what about the people that have to travel further than spain from the U.S., those POOR POOR people:( I was very happy to reach the sevilla airport and see the name sevilla!

Anyways as for the city, it felt weird at 1st, because after always traveling to latin america, I felt like I should be in latin america with the crazy drivers. However, I am very happy to be in europe, although it doesn't feel like i'm actually here, if that makes any sense.

Last night we had a tour of the city with local spainards, and it felt awesome to speak spanish with natives. I absoulutely love the language every time i speak it. However, it is very hard to write this in english because I've been thinking and speaking spanish for the past 2 days! It is crazy I know, but i really like spanish....who knows how i'll feel in about 2 months or maybe 2 weeks, but for now I feel great.

As for the two things, it is like God answered my prayers when he sent me to sevilla, because i'm getting two things with one trip. The first thing is living in a city and the second is living in a city that speaks ONLY spanish. I LOVE IT!

Today I have to register for classes, so we will see how that goes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Me encanta viajar tambien, pero no me gusta espanol! haha, I'm happy to hear that you arrived safely, and that you're having an amazing time. I keep looking at your new pictures and they are soooooooo amazing! Keep updating so I can live vicariously through you! I hope everything is going well! I miss you so much! There isn't much going on here that you're missing. The only things to keep you updated on is that we are going bowling again this weekend. I'm not exactly sure who is going but I know you'll be there in spirit! Anyways, I hope you're having a great week! Miss you!